DCS: Christen Eagle II
About This ContentThe Christen Eagle II, which later became the Aviat Eagle II in the mid-1990s, is an aerobatic biplane aircraft that has been produced in the United States since February 1977.
Designed by Frank Christensen, a veteran WW2 P-51D pilot and aerobatic competitor, it was originally built to compete with the Pitts Special. You’ll find that the Eagle is hard to beat in terms of flying excitement and adventure, and yet the ease of control allows even average pilots to feel like masters of aerobatics.
Dare to fly like a true eagle, whether you are learning to fly, or you are an experienced pilot. Inside this powerful aerobatic beauty, you can enjoy solo aerobatics, do tight formation flying, graze the landscape sightseeing, or speed race down the track. You can even teach other people to fly. The smoke system allows you to visualize your stunts for yourself and other viewers. To extend the Eagle’s prowess in DCS, we implemented an internal and external light system which will keep you safe day and night, and a simple autopilot which will allow you to grab your favorite drink while your aircraft safely levels and awaits your return.
- External Flight Model that duplicates the flight characteristics verified by certified aerobatic instructors and subject matter experts.
- Detailed and realistic simulation of post-stall behavior that allows edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers verified by certified aerobatic instructors.
- Complete systems modeling that includes the IO-360 Lycoming 200HP engine, fuel, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Fully functional Bendix/King KY-196B VHF radio.
- Realistic, mouse-interactive cockpit in which most controls can be interacted with.
- Authentic sound sets that were recorded from the actual aircraft.
- Super detailed internal and external models created by using cutting-edge photogrammetry of the actual aircraft.
- Interactive voice-over training missions. Learn to start up, taxi, takeoff, and land like a real pilot.
- Multiple liveries based on OEM to custom real-life personal schemes.
- Cooperative multiplayer. Fly with a friend in the same aircraft or take turns controlling the aircraft as an instructor, student or passenger. The seat position can be changed in single player mode too!
- Fully supports virtual reality for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Microsoft Mixed Reality, and others.
Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings):
OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.
Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings):
OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.
Recommended VR systems requirements (VR graphics settings):
OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.